Over the past few posts, I’ve shared with you some thoughts on the past year. Using the W.I.N. process shared by my friend Brandon Lee, I focused on “what went well” in 2013 and “what needs to improve”.
As a reminder, the W.I.N. method is based on three simple questions:
- What went Well?
- What needs to Improve?
- What’s Next?
Today, I want to focus on what comes next.
Every New Year provides each and everyone one of us the opportunity to start fresh again. One could argue that we get this opportunity each and every day, but there is something about January 1st – it seem to mark a new beginning; a fresh start; and opportunity to hit the proverbial ‘reset’ button.
In the context of this ‘year in review’ series, I’ve looked at the past, but opportunity lies in what comes next.
So, to that end, what’s next for me and The Conversation Hub?
What’s Next For The Conversation Hub?
- More conversations on issues that affect our communities, our country and our world.
- More posts that are personal in nature and serve as a starting point for a more meaningful conversation with those around us.
- More conversations with ordinary people who, like you, are making a difference in their world.
- Expect us to get more personal.
- Count on us to explore topics and engage in conversations that will challenge the way we think.
- Expect more episodes that take on the form of a “series” and explore more than one perspective on the subject at hand.
- More conversations with authors and artists.
- The introduction and use of “guest hosts” and “co-hosts” for some of our episodes.
And finally, we hope to expand our community and our audience with new show(s) featuring audio based, long-form interviews.
What’s Next For Me?
- An intentional effort to be fully present in all that I do.
- A focus on family – the lost of my brother-in-law Justin has made me realize that our time here is short.
- More running – a half-marathon (or two) and a full marathon are on the schedule.
- More music – I let this part of my life take a back seat in 2013 and hope to rectify this in 2014.
- More personal posts and commentary on the story I live in 2014.
- More caffeinated conversations!
- Less time worrying about what others think and what others are doing.
- Less energy wasted on things that don’t matter.
- More reading.
- More listening.
- More date nights with the love of my life.
As was the case last year (and the previous two years), I’ll be choosing three words to guide my year. Come back on Friday, January 3, 2014 to read more about this year’s three words.
Until then, be well and make it a great day!