It comes as no surprise to anyone that the end of the calendar year usually generates a series of lists from pundits the world over. Over the next few days – as we get closer to January 1 – you’ll be bombarded by the best of 2009 lists. From best dressed, to best performance; from the biggest scandal of the year to greatest comeback story, we’ll see them all.
I don’t mind looking at the past, but I’d much rather look forward. So, here is my list of people you need to follow in 2010:
- Chris Brogan: Chris is a community and social media expert and author of the book Trust Agent (Amazon.com link). His blog posts are well worth the read. I especially love his recent series titled “Overnight Success.”
- Steve Gasser: Steve is a good friend and guy who will help you inspire possibilities. He is a social media evangelist and a first rate entrepreneur. If you are a small business owner in southwest or central Minnesota, you want to connect with Steve. He’s a guy you want to have on your team.
- Steve Farber: His most recent book – Greater Than Yourself – has been a game-changer for me. Read the book, follow his blog, it will change your life and your world.
- Gary Vaynerchuk: This guy will rattled your world … in a good way. Gary is a trailblazer in every sense of the word. He best selling book Crush It! is a must read for anyone who wants to thrive in a world dominated by social media.
- Seth Godin: His blog is a goldmine and he will challenge the way you think about all things marketing. I would take a few minutes right now to read his latest e-book titled What Matters Now.
There you have it, a first pass at a list of people you should check out in the New Year.
Celebrate 2009 and prepare the way for 2010!!!