For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity. ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson
Photographers seem to see the world from a different perspective. Where you and I see something very pedestrian, they see a moment that is worthy of being captured.
My friend Roman Bloemke, our guest this week, has this gift – the ability to see and capture the exquisite beauty of each moment. Earlier this week, central Minnesota was blinded by a blizzard but that didn’t stop Roman from capturing this amazing image.
During our time together – whilst sharing a cup of coffee (and cider for him), Roman and I talked about:
- What got him interested in photography?
- What makes a good “shot” and moves him to snap the picture?
- The advent of cell phone cameras and whether that simplifies the art of taking a picture?
- What type of subjects (people or landscapes) he prefers?
- Life as a photographer and how he manages the “distraction” of something that calls out to be captured in an image?
Roman also got a little personal and shared what is his favorite photos is and the story behind it.
Before You Go
Consider subscribing to our podcast on iTunes by clicking here! While you’re there, we’d love for you to leave us a comment!
Travel a lot? Get the FREE Stitcher app and never miss an episode. Details available by visiting this link!
The Conversation Hub is produced by BassClef Productions. Content © 2014 BassClef Productions/Marc Vaillancourt